Location Chelmsford, Essex
Client Land Charter Homes
Conversion of and rooftop extension to historic office building
Gemini House is one of Chelmsford’s historic buildings, having been built in 1938, and is located within the Baddow Road and River Can Conservation Area. Our client’s initial brief asked for a sympathetic conversion of the vacant first and second floor offices to apartments, as well as the design of a new principal entrance from the rear courtyard.
Following this, the scheme expanded with the construction of three contemporary rooftop penthouse suites, which involved extensive remodeling of the existing second floor facade.